When you think of accessorizing do items such as shoes, ties, handbags, and jewelry come to mind? Have you ever thought about using eyewear as an accessory? I’ve been wearing glasses since grade school and I used to view them as an unstylish but necessary evil. As far as I was concerned, my glasses were an obstacle that oppressed the inner fashionista trapped inside me. However, in recent years, many stylish options have become available and I’ve begun using eyewear as a tool to enhance my personal brand.
Eyeglasses can be stylish, smart, sophisticated, and sassy; and when selecting your next pair of frames, consider the variety of designs, colors, and shapes available. To help you get the most out of your “quest for the perfect specs” I consulted with expert Steve Davis, owner of OmegaOptical, located in Philadelphia, PA.
Steve has been in the optical industry for over 15 years and has amassed a tremendous amount of knowledge on stylish eyewear and proper eye care. The Omega Optical team specializes in exceptional customer service and upon entering the boutique you will experience red carpet treatment. By the time you leave, you’ll be able to put your best face forward.
- When building your eyewear wardrobe, consider investing in several different styles. You wouldn’t wear the same pair of shoes for every occasion, so why should you wear the same glasses every day? Frames should suit your mood and attire.
- Don’t waste money on a lesser-quality unattractive pair of frames as your “backup.” Treat your frames as if they are an investment – they should all be suitable to be worn in public.
- Even if you’re not “optically-challenged,” frames can allow you to update your image and have been used effectively by athletes, hip-hop stars, and corporate executives to portray a different side of themselves or project a more scholarly appearance.
- Although style is important, proper eye care is a MUST. Get an annual eye examination to determine the health of your eyes and seek any necessary treatment. Some eye conditions are symptomatic of underlying health issues, such as hypertension or diabetes.
- If your prescription changes, simply use your existing frames and replace your lenses only.
To help prepare you for your visit to Omega Optical, the following tips will give you a starting point when making your selections:
- Select frames where your eyes are positioned in the middle of the lens.
- Your frames should balance out and complement the structure of your face and be of the opposite shape. For example, if you have a round face, select frames with straight lines and angles such as a rectangular or square shape.
- For an oblong face, select frames with enough height to balance your face.
- For a square or angular face, select shapes that will soften your look, such as rounded or oval frames.
- Oval faces can be enhanced with a variety of shapes, including rounded, rectangular, and cat eye shapes.
These are general rules, but there are always exceptions, so incorporate your personal style into the selection of your frames. Consider using colors, embellishments, and unique details to really elevate your look.
Visit Omega Optical for all your eye care needs to experience their first-class approach to customer service. Omega Optical is a full-service optical facility with locations in the Comcast Center and the Cheltenham Mall. Visit www.omegaoptical.net/ for more information.