When I look back at 2015, I think about my year in style and what fashion principles I've either learned over the course of the year or have continued to embrace. Here are my Top 10:
1. Pattern-mixing is awesome. I've gotten more comfortable with it and will push the envelope in 2016.
2. I love bold accessories, but I've also learned to pare things down and take a more minimalist approach at times.
4. It's okay if you've worn the same trend in a different decade (fringe, crop tops, ripped jeans, culottes, etc.)
5. Even fashionistas can have off days.
6. Never underestimate the benefits of a supportive bra. Nordstrom is a great place to buy bras.
7. You can never have too many red lip colors. I've added Stila's "Besos" and MAC's "Ruby Woo" to my list of faves.
8. It’s okay to wear flat shoes while commuting - to preserve your feet AND your shoes. (Although it’s not my favorite thing to do.)
9. Mid-rise jeans are my friend.
10. Style and fashion are not shallow and insignificant. Being well-dressed can give you a needed boost of self-confidence, a voice – when you don’t want to/can’t speak, and send a message to the world that you care about yourself.
Thank you for reading! Please check me out on Facebook, Twitter: @RubyWooNHeels, and IG: thefearlessfashionista.
Have a happy and prosperous New Year!
Be Fearless. Stay Fashionable. Have Fun!